Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love in the Afternoon

One of my resolutions for the new year is to make sure that I have watched every movie that Audrey Hepburn was ever in (I know... I make extremely important resolutions, don't I?) So, tonight I've finally signed up for Netflix and am watching a movie that I had never seen of hers... Love in the Afternoon. I can't believe I've never seen it!

I love this quote in the movie:
Ariane Chavasse: I’m against violence. In my opinion, there’s too much shooting in the world, and not enough love.
Frank Flannagan: How’s that, again?
Ariane Chavasse: I mean, if people loved each other more, they’d shoot each other less!

Here are some of my favorite Audrey pictures. She was beautiful and stylish, wasn't she?







To see more Audrey, go to A Whole Lotta Audrey

And speaking of style, thank you both to Ana of  'The World Through My Eyes' and Victoria of 'Be One of a Kind' for giving me the Stylish Blogger awards recently! I had already received this award previously, but be sure to check out these lovely ladies, who are both full of style. 
A Whole Lotta Love,
Adrienne

16 comments:

Shay said...

I LOVE your resolution. I just watched my first Audrey Hepburn movie a few months ago- can you believe that?! I have missed out on so much!

Liesl said...

I simply adore Audrey...what a lovely post and blog! Fond you through Katie's "Love With Katie" blog and your love story post...beautiful!

Liesl :)

becca said...

oh audrey. inspiring millions of women to be classier, happier and more beautiful on a daily basis!

k said...

I like that resolution idea :)

Dionne said...

Great resolution. And I love Audrey!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I've never seen that movie! And I love that quote!! Audrey is amazing...I think I may search that movie out on my netflix tonight! :)

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Love this resolution. I was just thinking the same last night. So many references and I'm not really in the Aubrey know.

Lady Grey said...

There are so many old classic movies that I still have to watch.
I love that new years resolution of yours!
oxo

Anonymous said...

i love audrey hepburn so much. she's such an inspiration. 'breakfast at tiffany's' is the classic audrey movie but if you haven't watched 'roman holiday' or 'sabrina' they are among my favourites too :)

jdavissquared said...

omg! you would love my Audrey chalkboard!

check it out:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62341361/audrey-hepburn-holly-golightly

Jules said...

Great resolution : ) And I love this movie -- will be watching Audrey along with you this year <3

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, she was so lovely! BTW I have Netflix and absolutely love it - I'll have to check that film out.

Ross said...

great stuff! Your resolution is fantastic.

lindsay said...

i love this resolution! i think it is perfect. i need to get signed up for netflix myself...i would like to see the movies that marilyn monroe has been in :)

i hope you have a lovely day!

xoxo

*M* said...

I love Audrey Hepburn! Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my all-time favorite movies! Love your resolution too, thinking of stealing it for myself. ;)

Haylee said...

I swear Audrey Hepburn was flawless. Especially in Breakfast at Tiffany's, she's just.. flawless! I can't think of another word that better describes her.
I haven't ever even heard of Love in the Afternoon but I definitely want to watch it now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails