I love fall. There is something so magical about the season. I know its almost winter and today is December 1st (how did that happen by the way?), but until we get our first big winter storm it will still feel like fall to me. I concur with this quote by George Eliot:
"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
Its always fun to get out all the sweaters and scarves that I haven't spoken to since March and perhaps find some new friends too. Here are the looks that I've been loving this fall... and I'm sure these can extend into winter as well.
I love this jacket by Totokaelo.
Also, last week the beautiful Amy of A Daring Little Life gave me the Stylish Blog Award. If you haven't seen her blog yet, check it out! Here are the rules: Thank the person who gave you the award, tell 7 facts about yourself, give the award to 7 bloggers you just love, and leave the 7 bloggers a comment telling them they won!
So here are seven random facts:
1) True story: My wedding ring was a fake. The back story is that we had ordered a ring online (fyi – bad idea) because I had my eye on an eternity band and I couldn’t find the right one locally. Anyway, the day of the wedding was approaching and it still hadn’t arrived. So just as a precaution, I bought a cheap fake ring at a department store a few days before the wedding. On the morning of the wedding, the ring arrived. But it was much too big! They had sent the wrong size. I was afraid it would literally fall of my finger at some point, so we went ahead and used the fake one in the ceremony. My husband and I were trying so hard not to crack up as the minister spoke of the ring saying things like ‘these precious metals symbolize the precious bond that you share as a couple’. It was even harder not to crack up when later , during the reception, everyone wanted to see my ring and then hearing them say how pretty it was. I just couldn’t tell them.... Anyway, seven years later, one of the things I find most 'precious' about my marriage is the fact that we can have fun, laugh together, and not take things too seriously – and it all started with that ring.
2) We have a skateboard ramp half-pipe on our property.
3) When I was in college, I once snuck in with a friend to a movie premier. It was for the Perfect Storm, which was filmed nearby to my school. We literally went to the film’s website, copied and pasted the logo onto a word document, wrote the word ‘staff’ or ‘press’ or something like that, cut it to form a badge, covered it in plastic wrap, and attached a string so that we could put it around our necks. I had a large camera with a telephoto lens and my friend had a clipboard. We just walked in like we were supposed to be there. At first a person was about to stop us, but then they saw our badges and were like ‘oh, ok you’re fine’. Later, we went back and told some friends what he had done and then a bunch of us snuck into the after-party too. Oh college days.
|The proof. Forgive the really bad photos of my photos. This was pre-digital.|
4) I have two copies of the Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone true hardcover British first editions. There were only around 300 copies printed, so yeah – I think it’s pretty cool. I also have the whole set in first editions. Now if I could only get them signed… J
5) Ok. I know this is weird, but I only had four students in my high school graduating class. Even stranger than that, is that two of us got married on the exact same day (and not to each other).
6) If you have a gallon tub of feta cheese in your refrigerator you are either: a) obsessed with feta cheese, b) are married to a Greek, or c) both a and b. Answer is C.
7) I have been sky-diving.
And now to pass this award on, which is always the hard part because there are so many I love, but I will pass this on to:
Heather at A Measure of...
Vanessa at Hey Lady Grey
Gaia at Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Rosemary at Content in a Cottage
Ruth at The Beautiful Life
Laura Marie at A Diary of Little Things and Curiosities
and Pip at Pip Pip Hooray
‘Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn’- Gore Vidal
Have a stylish day!
A Whole Lotta Love,