Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award!

I was recently given the Beautiful Blogger Award by the lovely Brianna at Crazy Sweet Life. Thank you so much... and check out her beautiful blog as well.



The way I was told this works is that I tell ten things about myself and then pass on the award to five beautiful bloggers (although I googled the award and it was originally 7 things and send it on to 7 bloggers.. so I think I'll do that instead.. mostly because there are too many bloggers who I would love to give this to and its too hard to narrow it down).

So here are seven things about me:

♥  I spent 2 years commuting 2 hours to get a Masters in Public Health (Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases)... but now I work with my husband at our Rare Book business and am loving it. (Although I'm sure I would jump at the chance to do something with my degree if I could find something in my area).


♥ I've traveled to 42 countries, but I have yet to go to Asia or South America and I'm itching to go to Australia and New Zealand as well. I'd love to be able to go to every country in the world before I die, even if it was just for a moment for some of them.

♥ One of my favorite snacks as a kid was a banana wrapped in cheese... and I have to admit I will still eat it from time to time. Sounds gross, but its good. I actually found this picture online.. so I know I'm not the only one that likes it :)



♥ I just realized I've met almost 20 Nobel Prize-winners throughout my life.

(me with Gabriel Garcia-Marquez)

♥My first car was a huge yellow '77 Chevy Impala station wagon that cost $500 and was called "The Yellow Submarine". I don't have a photo, but I found this one for sale online and this is pretty much exactly what it looked like. Its listed for $35,001,800 US Dollars. I'm a little confused about that one... definitely a typo.


♥ Even though I live in Vermont, our house looks like an Italian villa. It was built by the husband of an Italian opera singer around 1916. It is called 'The Chantry', which means 'where music is made'.. which fits because I am ALWAYS singing.


♥ On the day that I met my husband I had woken up with a strong feeling that I was going to be meeting my future husband that day. How strange and awesome is that? He is the love of my life and my best friend. Next week is our 7th wedding anniversary and tomorrow is his birthday :) ... and if you are reading this, I love you soooo much!



And now I'd like to pass this award on to seven lovely bloggers:

Caroline @ Coeur de La
Laura @ 52 Flea

If you don't know them, check them out! They are all beautiful.

8 comments:

kate said...

Oh I love this idea! And I also secretly love the banana and cheese combo.

I will spend tonight trying to think of 7 equally as fun and interesting facts about little old me!

(I want to come visit the chantry!)

a whole lotta love said...

Wow.. we must be kindred spirits. I've never knew anyone else who ate that ;)

Also, do come visit. Again, if you want to go to Brimfield Antique Fair, you could meet up with me half way.

Lady Grey said...

I love your list.... especially your old car! And your house looks incredibly beautiful!
oxo

Leanne said...

Congratulations on your award!!! It was so nice to learn these 7 things about you ... as I new follower, I loved getting to know you more!!! You house looks like a dream vacation spot! And your sweet words about your husband made me smile! Lovely post!

Blogs said...

Ur pretty amazing...I have yet to leave the country....and bananas with cheese, weird but you're right- other people must love it tooooo:) how funny! I like the weirdest things too....they look gross but sure are gooooood....

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Congratulations on your award! Your blog is indeed lovely. You have lived quite an interesting life and your seven things are all pretty amazing! Love the pics of your house and your husband ... you make a cute couple! Thank you for passing the award my way. I am honored!
Have a great holiday weekend!
:)

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

You are too sweet!!!!! Thank you so much. I don't think I have as interesting or as fabulous 7 things about me...but I will try. :)

Your home is calling me. When can I come visit?

Cheers~
e

orange sugar home said...

beautful list. what a house!! such a lovely blog. congrats on the award

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails