Saturday, March 6, 2010

From the library of...

I've always been a little fascinated by book plates. I don't really use them much, but they are fun to sometimes see old ones on books, even though they can decrease the value of a rare book (unless its from the library of someone famous.. then it can add value). Anyway, I often wonder about the lives of those who previously owned various old books that I now own. Its interesting to speculate about what those books have 'seen' or if they were lovingly cared for in someone's library or if they have been tucked away in an attic somewhere for years.

The University of British Columbia has an interesting collection of bookplates online.





Design Sponge has a great article about making book plates and I want to make these at some point.


I just discovered a whole blog about bookplates: Confessions of a Bookplate Junkie . I guess I'm not the only one who likes them :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails