Friday, February 12, 2010

The love bug

Ok. So I admit it. I'm a hopeless romantic. I shed tears at the first hint of a sappy song or movie. Yet, I've never been a big fan of Valentine's day. Its just a bit to commercial and a little phony, and I think it makes people who don't have a Valentine feel awkward (this is just my opinion.. if you like Valentines Day, go right ahead... I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun). So, I wasn't at all upset when I found out that the weekend he is gone in California coincides with this 'day of love'. I was bummed, however, when I found out that Rusted Root is playing at Mt. Snow on Sunday. We both love their music and it would have been a great concert to go to together... and I can't find anyone who wants to go instead of being with their Valentine :(.

Anyway, perhaps I'm being overly sentimental, but I'm definitely missing my husband right now. Its amazing how two people can spend so much time together and still love one another like crazy. In general, I don't like the idea of having one soul mate or that there's only one person out there for you because in reality it just doesn't work like that. I think the 'one' is the one you choose to love and commit yourself to. I think each person does have soul-mates though and my 'one' is definitely a soul-mate. There's so much about the spiritual sides of ourselves that we still don't understand, but I know that the day I met Matt that I had woken up that morning with a feeling that I would meet my future husband. Were our souls speaking to one another from a distance? I don't know.. but I'm glad that the 'fates' brought us together.

Another little thing (or synchronicity, if you will) I was just remembering about when we were dating, we were eating at a Chinese restaurant and my fortune cookie said "The love of your life is already in your life. Take a look at those closest to you". Not that I put any stock in fortune cookies... but I did save it - just in case it turned out to be true.
 

Anyway, instead of one day a year, we like to say that every day is Valentine's day. I think this is important in marriage, and I thought I'd share one thing that we do that I've always thought was fun. Volkswagen has a new commercial since the Super Bowl, where everyone is going around doing 'punch bugs', including Stevie Wonder, which is pretty funny. Anyway, thats what got me thinking I would share this... because instead of punch bugs, we do 'love bugs'.

 

Instead of punches, we give kisses. Certain colors are a certain number of kisses and older bugs or convertibles get more. We also do kisses for other things besides like bugs, like Cooper Minis get mini kisses. Ok, so maybe you're putting your finger down your throat right now, thinking this is too much... but we like it :) It especially fun during the times we go to Mexico, as the taxis are all old bugs :

 

So, if you weren't convinced yet, that I'm a hopeless romantic, I'll prove it further by sharing my 'love' youtube playlist. Yes, I have a 'love' playlist.



http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=86299657F9F839CA

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails