Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Its Tea Time

Hello friends,
Sorry I haven't been blogging much as of late. This summer has been fairly busy, but the weather has also just been too wonderful to spend too much extra time on the computer. Anyway, a few people have asked me to post some pictures of my recent 'Mad Hatter' Tea Party... so without further ado, here a few fun pics of the decor and food. Everyone had a great time... although it was a sweltering hot day, so we didn't end up playing croquet... and there was no way I was serving hot tea! But we had plenty of ice tea and cold drinks like lemonade and punch. It was so nice to just sit in the shade of our portico and enjoy the good food and company.
This was the little invitation I made (minus our address info)

Most of these tea cups belonged to my grandmother. It was great to get some use out of them.

My favorite find were these old clock faces that I strung up in the trees.

... and I used the clock hands to make the 'eat me' cards :)

I made up a few fun signs on the computer...

I also had a few old frames hanging in random places for a quirky feel


and found these huge tea cups and pots... which I thought were perfect for flowers

I also made 'playing card' garland from a few packs of cards and hung some old hats on our torchlights.

Some yummy desserts...


...and refreshing drinks (no one shrunk too much... although we all had to eat plenty to keep us a fairly normal size)

the rainbow of fruit helped





Well, I wish you all could have joined in on the party, but I hope that this inspires you to do a similar party if you've never done one. Its always more fun to have a party for absolutely no reason at all!

A Whole Lotta Love,
Adrienne

3 comments:

Dylana Suarez said...

This all looks so amazing! Lovely blog!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Sabina said...

Looks like so much fun!! xx's

Self Storage Australia said...

Very good observations. Maybe adding some pictures is likely to make the blog post more intriguing.
self storage australia | warehousing and storage | business storage

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails