Thursday, July 8, 2010

I've gone red...

Well, this past weekend was wonderful and I made entirely too much food. I realize that its now Thursday and I've hardly blogged all week, but there's just so much time and so little to do. Scratch that. Reverse it. 

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to show off a little of my gardens (and my little slice of paradise) today. I like to plant any annuals all in one color and I think REDS are such a classic color. Wherever we went in Italy, they always have red geraniums and other red flowers everywhere. So I planted red ivy geraniums in the window boxes and a mix of other red flowers in urns...



Red impatiens in more shady areas...

Red topiary roses to make a grand entrance...

Little hints of reds here and there...

and with all my vegetable and herb pots I plant a few red flowers to give some color. 
Some, like nasturtiums, also are good companion plants.



So there you have it. Simple and sweet and a splash of color.

2 comments:

Lady Grey said...

is this your yard????
It is GORGEOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your gardens are soooo lovely! I'm totally reminded of Italy! Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails