Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An Inspired Mantel

I was just over at Things That Inspire and she was talking about choosing a fireplace mantel. I love the ones she posted, but I also love my own mantel and I randomly took a few pictures of it back in March, so I thought I'd show it off. I always wanted a fireplace when I was growing up, and I really don't think I could have gotten a more perfect one in our new house.


Look at this detail. They don't make them like this much anymore.


I also love the old trunk I found for a coffee table. Yay for antique hunting! You can't find this at the mall. 
Well, actually I adore Restoration Hardware's new line, which has a lot of the 'old trunk' look to it, but I just personally prefer the 'wear' of an authentic trunk (and its cheaper too).


Here are just a couple of other random shots I took of the room and the lovely wine and cheese.
Also, I love our Chesterfield couches. They were handmade in England and are so comfortable! 
I'm still on the hunt for a few chairs and other antiques for the room. What I really like about using
mostly antiques is that a room is always evolving, and I have a memory for each item.



Anyway, I guess that's my own little inspiration for the day. I hope you like the 'peek' into my living room.

4 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

WOW! Thank you for the link to this beautiful post! Your mantel is one of a kind. I could look at that rosette for hours!

Blogs said...

Old Trunks just have my heart! Your place is divine! Just beautiful, unique and inspiring!:)

Taylor Sterling said...

I am new here! The fireplace is so fantastic! great place!

Anonymous said...

OMG. You are an awesome photog!! I love the angles and lighting. I miss my mantle. When we moved out of the big house 4 yrs. ago, I had to leave it behind. :( Ah well...I've enjoyed looking at yours :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails